Saturday, October 2, 2010

Massive Update!

Okay so let's work our way through all of the different areas of my life!



ChaseP/Wedding!

Things are going so well. He's really happy at LU because he has all of this free time! Whew. I'm super jealous of all of his free time! We've got a ceremony/reception site and the hotel for the wedding party. And wedding planning has actually switched from VERY STRESSFUL to very exciting and fun! At this place in the process I am starting to look for cool things to incorporate into the ceremony. I don't want to do a unity candle, I dont want to do sand mixing or those kinds of things. I want something unique. I am just trying to figure what. I've been reading the site OffBeat bride and they have some amazing ideas (and also some realllllly strange ones!) Still trying to pick a photographer and a caterer. I'm also looking into doing a Ketubah-- still trying to figure out the details. It seems really beautiful promise we can make to each other.  I'm also having fun brainstorming bridesmaids gifts!

School/Thesis/Work
BGSU is celebrating the centennial homecoming. I like that the school has been around that long! The theatre department is in its something like 86 season... I have been working in the box office like crazy,  I am trying to store up some time so when Chase comes I can take Friday off. I really like this side of theatre. I like the public relations aspect. I am really thinking I might like to work in a theatre's box office or perhaps as a company manager. We'll see once we get to Des Moines. I am going to start working on parts of my thesis today while I am at school.  Blessing of Blessings, I have two classes that their term papers will just be great stepping stones for the actual thesis process. I also need to write a proposal for a paper I will be writing for my history class so that I can submit it  to a conference. Just pray lots. Lots and lots. I need lots of focus and motivation. Neither of which I have.

Life in GeneralIt is starting to get cold here! It love it. I love how its about 55 degrees out so about 65 in my apartment. I know that the east coast is not liking the rain but here its very light and romantic rain. Makes me very sleepy. Now don't get me wrong, I am not looking forward to the cold weather. But I like this for now.

 I am desperately searching for a pair of non-leather-flat-brown-boots.  That won't be super expensive.

I am eating frosted mini wheats like a crazy person. Sometimes I just get on these kicks where I just want to eat the same thing all the time. That and pasta with fresh mozzarella and balsamic vinegar.  Sometimes I add some kind of protein. I eat too many carbs and too much sugar. I've really discovered that I am an emotional-reward eater. When I have worked really hard or have survived a  long day ice cream and kit kat bars.


IT IS PUMPKIN SEASON! For those of you who don't know, pumpkin season is between October and Thanksgiving. Pumpkin spice everything. Coffee, cakes, cookies, muffins, candles, and pancakes! (Please don't eat candles) It is so warm and snugly. I found a really cheap candle that smells amazing I've burned it so much that is almost time to buy a new one. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving so much. I cannot wait to be with not only parents and Chase but also the rest of my family.  Pumpkin season is followed by peppermint season. But that wont be for a while. 

Finally
I am really happy. Very stressed. Very sleepy. But happy. I need to buy some warm socks and a couple more sweaters. I think I might go next weekend. Or maybe tomorrow afternoon. I am really homesick sometimes, not so bad at others. And its not so much that I am HOMEsick its that I am missing my family and Chaser. I have always had such an amazing support system. Its hard being the new kid here. Don't get me wrong, there are some wonderful people in the program, really wonderful, but well I guess you know. There's no place like home. 


Okay thats all for now.
I'd love to receive some mail!









(ps. I found this photo on one of the blogs I read... but I don't remember which one- so whoever they are gets all of the credit.)

3 comments:

  1. Lauren, my friend that got married this summer had a friend draw a balloon (like the one a person would ride in) on a huge canvas and it was divided into small squares. During the reception, the guests would go over and paint a section with the paints provided. It was very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.. in Canada, if pumpkin season was between October and Thanksgiving, we'd have a damned short season. Thanksgiving for us is next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Oh Canadians. Y'all are so special!

    ReplyDelete