Saturday, October 9, 2010

Not in (X) anymore.

Tonight I was walking to Panera to read, drink coffee, and eat a pumpkin muffin topper. I thought I saw a car that I always saw at Liberty. It lives in the same parking lot as Chase's car. I knew that it wasn't the same car but my brain for a split second was back in Lynchburg. Sometimes, when I wake up in the middle of the night, I think that I am back in my dorm at UNCG. I don't know why my brain does that.

It is funny how UNCG and Liberty are different from BGSU. I mean, all three are colleges, all three are large schools, and yet all three are different. What is particularly interesting are the things I see at BG and UNCG as opposed to LU. I still find myself thrown off when we don't pray before class or before a show. I'm alarmed when a teacher drops some foul language or when people are smoking outside of the building. But it is interesting and kind of exciting when people speak critically of what I believe and give me the opportunity to let me share my thoughts on the topic. I am thankful for my education at Liberty, it gave me a good foundation for going to other schools. I really had the best of all worlds.

And then, I saw a bunch of kids who were [i think] headed to homecoming or something. Wow those were some ugly dresses. I guess ugly dresses are ugly everywhere.

I had something [very geeky but] cool happen today. I just randomly decided to email this scholar who writes about Mormon Representation. And SHE EMAILED BACK! It was so exciting. She was kind and helpful and said she was interested in my work. This is scholar number two who has answered my emails-- one more is still out there in cyberspace. We'll see. If I ever become a scholar of note I will always answer emails and try to be helpful [to the little people ;) ] Speaking of cool scholars - Chris, my UNCG prof, who I only now call by her first name, spent the last couple days in the NY Public Library Archives. There are so many amazing women that I get the opportunity of knowing. Chris was really wonderful the other day when I had a "bad grad school day" and its very cool to say I know her.

Wedding Update: We have put the deposit down on the venue and the inn. I am thisclose to having the Photographer all set up. Mrs. Beth is going to take our engagement photos. We'll go apartment hunting over Christmas. I'm still looking for a caterer, videographer, and band. I know what dresses I want for the girls, just gotta find them and then match the boys. All is good. All is happy. I just want to marry him. Even if I have to wear sweatpants.

Mom and Michelle and Lila and Jillian (my mom, aunt, and cousins) are having a girls weekend. When I heard I almost started crying- so jealous... I'm a big baby.

I want to live in Washington, DC. Like IN DC not in the burbs.

I decided my [our] children's names. Chase approved them. Now we just have to wait 10 years to have them! Hahah.

I cannot get enough of dumb reality tv. Hoarders, Real Housewives, Pawn Stars, Bridezilla, What Not to Wear, ANTM...
Oh and the Office was as good this week as it used to be...
but,
Community > Office

Okay thats all.

This is not a profound post, I have spent all day working. Grad School does that to you.

1 comment:

  1. Those warm, damp nights in NC where the air smells... (i'm not sure what the word is... musky? swampy?) always make me think of my days when I was 17 in SC for boot camp...

    I haven't had the experience of going to 3 different schools, but yeah, it's always weird (scary!) when I wake up and think I'm still in the Marines. And now I'm having those dreams where I wake up thinking I missed an assignment or failed a test!

    haha.

    ReplyDelete