Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Musings during A&E's Hoarders 2.0

Monday is over. Whew.

It is my longest day of the week. Okay maybe not, but it is the night that I stay at BG the latest. My 19th Century America class ends at nine... never earlier. Never. Three hours in the same classroom is hard, but I enjoy the methodology of the course and the professor is pretty great.

< This post is hosted by Cats in funny Hats>

So here I am, 10:03 pm watching Hoarders. Just like last week. Which I don't mind. Can't explain it but don't mind it. Its the first time I have watched tv since Friday night. I watched a pretty interesting movie called Neverwas. Lots of famous people... kinda strange plot. Anyway.

Graduate school isn't currently kicking my butt, cause I worked ahead this weekend. I am very excited about things that are coming up and the research I am working on currently. I met today with Doc the director of the musical next semester, A Little Night Music, and I am really exciting about working as his dramaturg. I have officially decided I want to do dramaturgy as my profession... start finding me jobs theatre gods! hehe I know that the Lord will take us where we need to go, and I hope that it is to a theatre that provides benefits.

Remember when I said I was obsessed with pumpkin lattes from the gas station near I-75? Well I have transferred my addiction to coffee from home with pumpkin spice creamer. Cheaper. Not quite as much sugar. Still has sugar... but less.... thats what I tell myself.


Wedding planning is going so well. So many people are being so helpful! Mom is especially helpful. She's really doing some great planning and is not being controlling. I love it. Its very helpful to be able to have someone I trust work on things. We think we might have found invites, and are planning to do internet RSVP's. Being Green. AAANNDDD we have made arriangements for an ice cream bar.. and I am working on a KRISPY KREME station! Very exciting. We picked a photographer and frankly she's the coolest! :) I am glad that I like the photog and that she wants to get to know ME and what I am interested in rather than just what is supposed to happen in relation to wedding photography.

As you may have noticed, there are silly cats on this blog entry. I think the hardest part of graduate school is missing my family and friends. I wish I had a cat or a dog to come home to. Someone to love on at the end of the day! I understand that my parents, chaser, and my friends need to be where they are, and I am where God wants me. Just gets lonely. So yeah. Want a cat.


I have still been having the craziest dreams. Last night I dreamed that I got up and took lots of pills. It wasn't until this morning when I looked in my bathroom to realize that I hadn't. Kinda scary. Lately my dreams have just been so real! Guess I'm not getting very deep sleep. Suggestions? I already do all of the winding down, sound machine, usual stuff... I don't want to take sleep meds, but I'd like to sleep through the whole night.

Does any one actually get sick from riding on airplanes? Or is only in travel magazines?



I  Need Your Help!
Please Answer in Comments
  • Any one have any suggestions for a photo printer?
  • Any one know of an interesting wedding ceremony/tradition that is religous but not footwashing or  candles or sand... something unusual?
  • Is it bad that Chase and I don't have a song?
  • When is it going to get cold in Ohio?
  • Why do I love the Real Housewives so much?
  • What can I do to make my chrysthanthemum last forever. Its beautiful!
  • What do you call your grandmother/father?
  • Does someone in BG know where I should get my car winterized?
  • Do you realize how awesome donut holes are?
  • Who can get me in to Northwestern for my PhD?
So yes. Please answer in the comments section. 
Or else I might send this cat after you:

Finally, I don't know how you feel about Jesus, or church for that matter. (I really love both and need both in my life to function!) But I think everyone would love what my church here in BG did this weekend. After the service, we had a POTLUCK! Woohooo I love potlucks. This one in particular was a soup and salad themed one... I ate like a little piggy.
I decided the most perfect present for our parents this weekend. If you are like me and have parents who don't need anything... I have figured out the perfect thing! Let me know if you need suggestions... Hi Mom! I know she reads this. So obviously I cannot post it on here.

I really appreciate that you read my blog.


Here is a dog in a tutu in return for your loyalty. I've named her Grace.
Wow I seem pathetic. :)



My undergraduate advisor posted this on her Facebook... half a semester after I started my Masters...
Watch, especially if you go to/went to graduate school!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lauren,
    * Is it bad that Chase and I don't have a song? No, it is absolutely not bad at all. The only way a song is cute is if you have a history with it, and it comes about naturally. Otherwise, it is cheesey as all get out. So no, don't just choose a song for the sake of it.
    * When is it going to get cold in Ohio? It will get cold very soon. Don't be in a hurry - it'll come and you'll wish it was gone; it gets freeeezing.
    * Why do I love the Real Housewives so much? You probably love it so much for the same reason I love Grey's Anatomy. Guilty pleasure. And it's soooooo wonderful.
    * What do you call your grandmother/father? I call my maternal grandparents Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop, and paternal grandparents the good 'ole fashioned Grandpa and Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. * Any one have any suggestions for a photo printer? - No, but I'll look into it
    * Any one know of an interesting wedding ceremony/tradition that is religous but not footwashing or candles or sand... something unusual? - Breaking glass, yo!
    * Is it bad that Chase and I don't have a song? - Ross and I don't have a song either. having a song is cheesy.
    * When is it going to get cold in Ohio? - in 2 weeks
    * Why do I love the Real Housewives so much? - Because it's dramalicious
    * What can I do to make my chrysthanthemum last forever. Its beautiful! - put sprite and bleach in the water
    * What do you call your grandmother/father? - grandma and grandpa. I am not a fan of the weird contrived "Memaw" "PaPaw" thing
    * Does someone in BG know where I should get my car winterized?
    * Do you realize how awesome donut holes are? -Only if they're the white powdered ones
    * Who can get me in to Northwestern for my PhD? - Ross hates Northwestern, don't let him know about this!

    ReplyDelete