Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sleep No More- the show and the lifestyle

Good Morning!

As I wait for the TRBC livestream to start I am going to blog, drink a cup of coffee, and listen to Studio 360. The theme is - of course - The Book of Mormon [the musical] which is up for 14 Tony Awards tonight. It is everywhere! I wish I could see it live- even though its considered the raunchiest one on Broadway. It is sold out until September. I also want to see the show that is based upon Macbeth-- called Sleep No More.


Let me quote from the S360 website...
The London-based theater company Punchdrunk has transformed 100,000 square feet of New York City warehouse space into a meticulously detailed world — a kind of Macbeth theme park with no signage or maps or instructions.  The result is part art installation, part dance performance, part giant maze: audience members are free to wander through the space and encounter performers as they pass through 100 meticulously designed rooms.
Yes Yes Yes. I would really like to get back to NYC to see a lot of shows.

But instead I am here working on my thesis. Working is a word I use cautiously. I feel like its so huge and never going to be finished. Trying to do my classwork has me tired of working once it comes time to work on the thesis. So yes... I am hoping that once classes are over I can actually want to work on the thesis.

Oh and then wedding planning. Its not happening till August. Its too beyond my priority list right now. Isn't that crazy? That my wedding doesn't rank high priority on my to-do list. That is strange to me. I am so excited for the wedding, and I have problems being excited about the planning because I feel like I should be working on other things instead-- namely school work.

So my joke has become "Is it November 1st, Yet?" because then I will be married and beginning post-graduate school life. Its a super true statement. But sad to me. This is supposed to be an exciting time and school is kind of marring it for me. Working on this feeling. Working on it.

Today I'll watch some TRBC - the sermons might be lacking but the music is so amazing- on the webcast. I have a paper to finish, six or so articles to read, a reflection to write, another book to start and then spend what might be left of the day watching "I am a Mormon" videos and analyzing how they portray womenhood. This is chapter two. I have lots to do. And I worked 6 hours yesterday. :) The plight of a graduate student. None of this is unique to me. Graduate students I assume all have had these weekends. I signed up for this, I can't complain too much.

Well loves, I have to get started. :) I covet prayers and and thoughts and cookies from The Cookie Jar. Which is a local place that delivers still warm cookies.  Seriously. I would love cookies any time of day. Hahah.

Gotta call Chaser and wake him up -- he's working like crazy too. He's really impressive- his work ethic is amazing.

Dearest Reader,
Thanks for letting me vent. This whole process is hard, and yet I really love it. Crazy.
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment