Thursday, September 23, 2010

As so it begins!

Well. He proposed. And it was very romantic.  But at the risk of being too mushy I think I'll keep the details to myself! < but if you really wanna know just ask me! > So now in addition to getting a masters in one year and writing a thesis I am also planning a wedding. The joke I have been making lately is that "I'm planning a wedding and writing a thesis -- two things Lord willing I will never do again!"

So the best advice I have received so far is from my lovely girl Stephanie- she got married last year and suggests that I stay away from wedding websites, boards, blogs, magazines... etc. And after being engaged for only a week-- I already know she is so right. I don't know how some people do it. I cannot imagine spending what some people do on weddings. Knot.com and places like that are fun but they are just dripping with credit card bills! 
 Beautiful Bride Stephanie!

Some have heard me say it before but I hate spending other people's money. If its my own money no problem! But Dad and Mom? A little more difficult. I think thats the biggest roadblock for me in the wedding process I just hate asking for people to pay for things. But have no other choice. Enough of that.

School is going well enough-- life is starting to get busier and those end of semester papers are starting to need my attention. I am writing several different things but most everything is either about Representations of Mormonism (thats the topic of my thesis) and the French Academy. Hahah. Couldn't be more different.

Yesterday I we had a lesson on heterotopias and I have spent the last 48 hours analyzing my "place" and "space" and what my utopia would be... ahh I love it when dead French philosophers invade my inner thoughts. I can't even pretend to understand the idea, but for the first time Foucault < yes debate friends-- believe it or not> is really interesting to me!

My day is pretty much done and all I have to do tomorrow is work 1-6. Very good. I am hoping to get a lot of reading done... but there is so much good TV on tonight. Big Bang Theory, The Office, 30 Rock, Community, Bones, Fringe, Project Runway, and finally Its Always Sunny. Whew!!! And they all happen in the course of what... two hours? Maybe three? I'll channel surf some and wait and watch others. Trust me... I have thought this out. Haha what a goober.

Alright Headed Home.

If you have (serious) ideas for wedding stuff- especially those of you in Jville area let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment