Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

My new very smart Best Friend- Henley. Oh... and her human Ashley.



Today is Labor Day. A national holiday from work- and I am going to spend the entire day working! Since Chase is coming to visit the 15-19 I am trying to get all of my homework done ahead of time. I made a schedule and everything and for the most part I am following it pretty closely. [Notice that I am blogging instead of working on HW and then pretend you didn't notice.] Graduate school is a lot of reading. Luckily I like reading, especially about theatre. I think a conservative estimate is that I read over 500 pages a week. Kind of a badge of honor.

I met with S.M. one of the professors here at BG and we talked about both my thesis and a paper I would like to submit for a conference. Super helpful. My thesis is just so stinking exciting. It is a historiography of Mormon Theatre and representations of Mormons in American society. Lots of history and surveys and wonderful things. I am finding some amazing resources that are older than old and just very happy. I just love this part. I love the hunt of it all. Looking and looking and looking... and then wham! When I find things that are just super awesome I usually hoot and hollar... the people around me must think I'm really crazy. Crazy for Research! Dork.

Still missing home very very much. I get to video chat with Mom and Dad -- which is very helpful.  I love the things I am doing here, and I have said this before, but I wish my parents and Chaser and my girlfriends here here!  Chase coming to visit certainly helps. And Thanksgiving isn't tooo far away.

So off to work. Enjoy my new horribly glitzy fabulous blog background. Think happy thoughts for me as I work... I'd love to get some snail mail- email me for my address < lzawist@gmail.com >. Or ask Mom and Dad if you want to surprise me and make my LIFE.

2 comments:

  1. Oh... I changed the glitzy background. Even I couldn't handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren! I love your blog. And I love you even more!! :)

    ReplyDelete