Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wading Through the Black Swamp

This weekend is the weekend of the Annual Black Swamp Arts Festival which is happening literally one short block from my house.


I can hear the music and the people from inside my house even when I'm watching TV or listening to music. It seems like a pretty good festival, some good music, carnival food, and lots of artists displays. Everyone keeps telling me that everything is really expensive- and I keep saying  expensive art is whats paying for me to be in graduate school... by the way... have you seen my Dad's cool art gallery? ? Or perhaps his cool blog? So yeah, hopefully going to go tonight and wander through the stuff and pretend I don't have a ton of work to do.

Chaser did amazingly well on his MPRE. I am so proud of him. He blew it out of the water! I knew he would... he studied harder for that then I did for the GRE... whoops. God is really just blessssssing both of us as far as school goes this semester. Chase has a super easy schedule for once and I am loving my classes.

But when I am not loving my classes-- when I am avoiding home work-- I have been watching A&E's Hoarders. Holy cow.  Now for those of you who don't know, I have clinically diagnosed OCD. And I kinda view it like a lot of people view diabetes. My body doesn't make enough of a particular chemical to operate correctly so I take medicine for it. Simple as that. Well the people on this show whew.... they make me look normal :). It is just wild what conditions some people will actually end up in. I cannot imagine having that sickness but -- because I am addicted to reality tv-- I love watching it.  LOVE IT.
But also love watching Project Runway-- don't like Ivey and Gretchen. Enough said.

This week holds a lot. I have a lot due and that is daunting. But [way more importantly] Chase is coming to visit on Wednesday! His birthday is the 17th and I am so delighted to get to spend it with him. I bought him a great present that I cannot wait to give him. I really hope he likes it. I haven't decided what we are going to do for his bday. I need to ask around and see what is good. We might even go big and go to Toledo. Whhhoooah Impressive.

So know how my family took those empty nest photos with Mrs. H? Well. My parents are hardly suffering. This photo explains it well..
They are having so much fun hanging out with people who are MY age and doing things I want to do! I cannot wait to see them over Thanksgiving.  If you know my mom ask her about her new ring and have her tell you "sparkly floor story." Way cool.

Alright I should stop postponing writing this literary review of articles on Cultural Hegemony and Feminist Methodology. Bllleeeck. Marxism isnt what I want to be concerned with on this lovely Saturday. Sigh. Just play the game Lauren, just play the game! [I love it!]


No comments:

Post a Comment