Sunday, September 12, 2010

Life in Public

I watched this documentary titled, We Live In Public, and by watched I mean snuggled up to Chase and fell asleep about 45 minutes into it. Anyway- the premise is about this internet developer and how he
...also curated and funded the ground breaking project “Quiet” in an underground bunker in NYC where over100 people lived together on camera for 30 days at the turn of the millennium. With Quiet, Harris proved how we willingly trade our privacy for the connection and recognition we all deeply desire, but with every technological advancement such as MySpace, Facebook and Twitter,becomes more elusive.
Well last night, one gloriously brilliant PhD student who has an adorably cute and lovely wife commented that he avoided his homework by reading my blog. Now I have had people say that they read my blog and I never even thought about it. But this time just registered different. Perhaps it was the Fair Food I had just eaten or perhaps it was the loud music but my brain immediately went "Oh my Goodness! Did I say anything I shouldn't?" Of course, I have very diligently tried to not type anything I regret sharing with the whole world. Blogging, Facebook, Twitter, and even emails are never private. Never. And they never disappear.

Is there anything else we do that never disappears? Is there anything that else that has the same lasting effect? I dont know maybe I'm looking way too much into this. I had a Xanga (for a real laugh take a gander) in high school that is still out there living in cyber space. Its wild to look back and see that part of my life. I am looking forward to this time next year once I have finished this darn Masters and seeing that I made it. I survived. It will be so lovely to see what is happening with Chaser and I and how my Dad's business is doing. I hope the world is happier and safer- and at the risk of sounding mushy I hope things are better for the world than they are now.

As Chase's brother Logan always teases, "Mushy Mushy Mushy" yeah. I don't know I guess I'm philosophical this morning. Blame it on a good nights sleep and good coffee. Today (like you read yesterday) is going to be full of work. I have one class that overwhelms me a little bit- but little bit by little bit I am getting at least SOMETHING down on paper.

Oh and I need sweaters. I don't have even nearly enough warm shirts. Feel free to donate to the clothing fund! Turtlenecks would be especially enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment