Saturday, February 12, 2011

Good (literally) Morning

So how did y'all like my super emo post last night? I am feeling much more positive today than I was last night... So it is okay to blog now. :)

I was having a moderately stressful very long day.  I worked in the costume shop in the morning. Its really growing on me. There are some really lovely women that work there (yes its all women) and I enjoy just chatting with them about simple and lighthearted things. Plus it is great to get to learn sewing skills. I love the crafty stuff - especially what I find online - and I would like to start sewing more fun clothing and accessory type-things. I'd also like to really like to (someday in the future) make baby clothes!

Afterward I had my thesis prospectus defense. Which basically means I meet with my committee and they give me the go ahead with what I have planned. Basically what they told me was that I was trying to accomplish too much --- thats what my advisor at UNCG used to always say -- in too short of a time. So today I am going to revise and limit myself down a little bit. Narrow the scope to a manageable level. I also want to work some on the paper I have been assigned for my Cultural Contexts/Theatre History Class. It would be nice to be ahead of schedule so I can focus on my thesis at the end of the semester. I am still trying to think of a sorta witty title. But thats the least of my worries!

Then after that I went to work in the box office-- believe it or not I actually sold tickets! First one's all semester! Amazing! I will be house managing next weekend which is good because I get a lot of work done while waiting for the show to finish. We are doing Bloody Poetry in the Joe E. Brown. I know how to get ya some tickets if yer interested.

Then I trudged my way home in the not as cold cold and ordered a pizza. :) I had eaten very well/healthy all day so I guiltlessly ate some delicious Hawaiian pizza. Who gave it that name? Isn't that kind of offensive? To essentialize  Hawaii and its citizens  down to ham and pineapple? Wow I have been in grad school too long... See here if you're thinking of going to Graduate School... :)

It was a nice relaxing evening. I got to talk to Emily and to Chaser. Thats always uplifting. I ordered some clothes to replace some of the stuff I threw away and watched the hilarious Travel Channel Show Ghost Adventures. It is a bunch of Bros who ghost hunt. They say "Dude" a lot and are hilarious. They then replay all of these "unexplained" occurrences-- which I never see or hear. Makes me laugh and lets me just relax... thats kind of weird to read but hey-- its the truth! Its just so ridiculous that its entertaining. All of the seasons are on Netflix... I suggest y'all give it a try.

I am still singing the praises of the new jeans that I bought-- girl let me tell you-- I love them. Emily loves them too. She ordered a pair and thinks they are great. So much she bought another pair. Total converts... here is the link to them on Zappos. (You can get free overnight shipping both ways-- which is great!) Here is the Levi's website. 

I would ask everyone to say prayers for my Grandma Ski- she fell and broke her hip. Pray for heeling and no stress while she's in the hospital.

Happy Valentines Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment