Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Survived the Wimpy Blizzard of '11.


I have a funny little story. 

They (every news outlet in Ohio) predicted that the world was going to end because of snow. 

It didn't. Didn't even get close. The school didn't close so I left my house at 11:45 to make it to my 12:30 class. Wanted to take my time. I bundled up in my fabulous parka and my big snuggly hat with the pompom on top (which in the South we call toboggans- which apparently is a sled- wha?) and started my trek through the snow. Two things:
  1. I am very thankful for the parka that Ashley helped me pick and that my parents paid for - its very warm. 
  2. I really really love people who shovel and salt their sidewalks. 
I got to campus and received an email saying class was canceled. Thats fine- I had to print something anyway so I printed and headed back home. I got all the way back to my door  and realized I had left my keys at school. So I turned around and walked back to South Hall. It was kind of hilarious. The only foot prints in the snow were mine and there were three sets. So then Christina who had a good laugh and offered to take me back the last time. So only three sets of footprints.

The rest of today has been pretty mild. I don't have my 8 o'clock class tomorrow which is super nice. I have actually been productive today and that makes me feel good. 

I also really want to suggest everyone go through their closet and just get donate the things you don't wear anymore. Just stop looking at them. Clear them out of your closet and dresser and give them away. I have been doing that the past couple of days and it feels really good. Now I wont lie- I have been buying new clothes to replace the old ones, but the new ones fit, are still in good shape and just make me feel more confident. I found a bunch of really great deals and have made what I feel are wise purchases. And I found a great great great jeans. That weren't super expensive.  Do clothes make the [wo]man? No. By no means. But feeling good about yourself by simply wearing clothes that fit properly is something I am not ashamed to admit I believe in doing. 

(via)

No comments:

Post a Comment