Sunday, April 3, 2011

Emily and Me in Milwaukee... (say it outloud, it rhymes)

Hello from the Nation's Anti-Union State- Wisconsin! Hehe. Someone told me the other day that the bill Ohio just signed into law is actually worse than Wisconsin but anyway.  I am sitting on Emily's bed drinking some awesome tea, eating some amazing Whole Food's Cranberry Walnut bread smothered in Earth Balance listening to random music on my itunes. Right now its Ke$ha's "We R Who We R." I'll admit it I really like Ke$ha and having a dollar sign in her name doesn't really bother me.

Anyway, I am here visiting THE Emily. Woot woot. The drive is about 6 hours from BG to MKE, so not too terrible especially considering that the show she designed in running this weekend! But more on that later. I drove drove drove on Friday after work (my boss let me leave a little early which was super nice, and its not like I EVER sell tickets anyway!) and I started the trip listening to The Jungle by Sinclair and I really enjoyed the first couple of chapters where the "world" is described and then... it got to the part about the slaughter houses. Oh my goodness. No thank you. I quickly switched to some show tunes. Driving through Chicago wasn't too bad, it was dark so that wasn't fun but not too much traffic. But I made it! Emily lives in a fun little old hotel/studio apartments and its very convenient to lots of cool stuff. We had a fun girl time just chatting and being together and passed out before it got too late. One funny note is that Emily and I -without knowing it- bought the same IKEA bed spread.  Yep fun.


Yesterday was fun we shopped and relaxed and just had a good time like always. We hunted for an outfit for me to wear for the conference next weekend. And it was successful! An Anthropologie skirt and a Ralph Lauren Shirt. Both of which were on Sale. woot. woot. some fun shoes and some other good stuff. Then we went to Whole Foods and stocked up on the essentials: bath salts, trail mix, fru-fru bread, and other snack-y awesomeness. Then we came home and watched some food network and just had fun girl time. That seems to be the theme. In the evening we went to see Emily's show and it was super great. It was several short plays made into a evening of theatre. :)  Emily did great and I am super proud of her. We came home- talked to our long distance boys - and passed out. Again :)

Today is more shopping and theatre. More bread and happiness. Wonderful. More updates later.

No comments:

Post a Comment