Friday, April 29, 2011

17 Days of Summer- Day 1

Good Morning Readers!

I started this blog last summer. I started it during my summer break. Well this summer I really only get 17 days of break- and that includes exam week. So I'm being thankful for each and every moment. I'm not going to work on anything that is not due for finals and especially take a little break from reading or writing anything about Representations of Mormons in American Popular Culture. At all.

I have already started reading a new book, as part of my summer reading plan. I really like the work of T. Coraghessan Boyle. And I am going to start the summer by reading the books of his that are interesting to me. He writes a lot of short stories too- but they just aren't my thing.






Right now I am reading Talk Talk. It is about a woman who gets her identity stolen, and then the person who steals it then steals her boyfriend's identity... that is how far I am so far. It sounds kind of lame but its really good and there have been several times when I have gasped aloud. It is so refreshing to read a book that is totally for fun! Here is the NY Times review of the book. They are a little more eloquent than I am :)

I love books. But- I'll admit this-- I could probably switch to the Kindle... Let me explain. For books that are FOR FUN not for STUDY (thats a whole other post) it would be nice to only have to have one hand out from under the warm snugly covers.  Chase has one. Once we're married, like his ipad, I'll use it as I like! :) hehehe

Today isn't really a traditional summer break day. I do have to go to work from 11-2 and then finish an annotated bibliography for my Feminist Theory class. Not a bad day at all. Actually pretty great. This weekend I will be finishing my paper for Cultural Contexts II [ which is a fancy term for Theatre History 2]. This semester is so quickly coming to a close. Yesterday - much the chagrin on my shoulder- I carted about 25 books back to the library and gladly returned them! Today I have more to return. And for the last bit about books- I also ILLed a lot of craft books and other fun fun fun stuff.

Which leads me to another small update. I think I am going to buy a sewing machine this weekend. I found a good one on Craigslist. Nothing super fancy but it will get the job done. I think it will be fun to make my own skirts and dresses and and and and! Wooot!

Okay nothing else about books. For now. :)

The only other non-school thing that has entered my life is that my apartment is going to be show to a new potential tenet. Which means OCD Lauren has to have a clean apartment if other people she doesn't even know and will never ever meet are going to be in her apartment. Hehe. It needed to be done anyway.

So get ready kids, seventeen days of awesomeness. Seventeen days of posting my short short summer. You maybe asking why only seventeen days- even if you aren't - I'll tell you why. I will be in summer school May 16 -June 24. Then lots of thesis writing.  Today- I don't even want to think about it :)

Alright gotta finish cleaning and make my way to work in the 43 degree weather. What a glorious Summer day! :)

2 comments:

  1. If you're going to be making skirts and dresses for yourself......can i jump on that and have some made for me too!?? WHEN WILL YOU BE IN DSM!?!?!!? Ahh it's taking forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be in DSM after the honeymoon... so in time for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete