Sunday, May 1, 2011

17 Days of Summer- Day 2

As I watch Law and Order and wish that the sun actually shined into my apartment I am putting off reading and doing my last project for Feminist Theory.

Yesterday (Day 2) was really a great day. Since it was a Saturday I began my morning by rolling out of bed adding a layer of clothing and walked to yoga. I really love Kundalini yoga. Its techniques plus the methods of my teacher are amazing. I walked in a little crack-y and sore and left energized, smiling, and focused... oh and not sore! :) I just really like the way it allows me to focus on God while working through my stress and tension. This form of yoga is not based in a particular religion, but it does recognize the divine spirit with in all of us, and it is even said that that spirit/truth can be defined as the God of the Bible.

Anyway. After I came home I just relaxed, watched TV (Law and Order and Real Housewives...) and enjoyed my clean house. I of course took a nap. Seems to be what I do best these days.

Around 3 one of my professors called and asked me to baby sit her two kids. I thought- what the heck!? I am so glad I did, we had fun playing outside, they had great dogs, and watched movies. They are super duper sweet kids. It was fun to just hangout and listen to kids talk to each other. Kids are hilarious hil-ar-i-ous.  Anyway it was just a fun night. I mean who wouldn't have fun with these kids?!



Okay, I'll admit it.. I really look forward to being a Mom.  In like 7-10 years. But never the less I look forward to having my own kids in what ever way God blesses us.

Today (which I guess is day 3) is rainy and cold and gross. I have to read approximately 15 articles today and write annotations for each. Sounds like a lot but its not a big deal, especially since I get to choose the articles. This final isn't due until Wednesday, but I want to have it done today so I can turn it in Tuesday when I go to school for the parrrtayyy. Haha. Yay pizza in the break room!

I get bored with these "this is what I did yesterday" posts. During the day I think of lots of little one sentence things that would be fun to post, and by the time I sit down to actually blog -poof- they are gone of course... well except for these few...

I want people to wear hats to my wedding. I want people to wear fun party dresses and have a good time, I don't really want it to be some "formal affair" I want it to be a celebration!
I really love fresh strawberries cut up into a bowl with cut up bananas. No sugar no ice cream- just strawberries and bananas.
I like to go to Kroger after 10pm. Its empty and quiet and I don't run into anyone else's shopping cart.
I want every outfit Emma Pillsbury has ever worn on Glee. I've got clinically diagnosed OCD too- doesn't that count for something?
My office is really clean right now... that might be due to the fact its so dark in there I don't like actually working in my office.
I am not looking forward to driving home but cannnnnnnot wait to be there.
Last night I put my sweatpants/pj pants on inside out, knowingly, and just didnt care enough to fix them.
Still no sewing machine, I think the lady off of Craig's list is super busy, but hey I don't have time for it yet so maybe its a good thing.
Have I mentioned that my apartment is really lacking in natural light?
I cannot wait to wear summer dresses.
I make a killer curried chicken salad.
I always hate saying "yes" when they ask me if plastic is okay.
My costume design professor told me to get an MFA in costume design. Yeah. Really. Thinking on that one...
Chase and I get married in um.... X number of days. My thesis on the other hand is due in 111 days, 5 hours, and 26 minutes. Give or take a few minutes.
Someone find me a really lush museum job in DSM. I want to work in an archive of some sort.

Um time for Church.

(was that interesting?)

Almost as interesting as this photo take of me by a small child.
I know... With a face like that I should be in pictures (or is it radio!?).

No comments:

Post a Comment