Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Breakfast Blogging

Good Morning World. School has started again and now I'm back to the routine (which I love!)

I am drinking some coffee and trying to catch up on Glee - the Prom episode - you know a normal Tuesday Morning. This last couple of days, the last week or so, has been crazy crazy. Between driving to Lynchburg, surprising my Mom, driving back to Lynchburg, Graduation, and driving home I've been kind of busy. So where should I start.... I was doing my Summer Count Down... so I stopped at what day? Oh yes...

MONDAY AND TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY
Basically, these days were gloriously unexciting. The beach was amazing. A little chilly at times, but in general really nice and relaxing. Just a little bit of sunburn :) For dinner we had Marrakesh which is an  awesome Mediterranean restaurant. I could eat their falafel about three or four times a week and they have the world's most awesome mint tea.  My most loyal blog readers will remember the first time I went there with my parents... I'm really glad that they are still open- J'ville has the reputation of forcing good restaurants to close.

Tuesday was a lazy day. And by that I mean naps, movies, and thats pretty much it. I did go to Target and get some sweet sun glasses. On sale... the left lens pops out sometimes. But I can deal with that. Haha.

Wednesday we casually left after a lunch with my Mom at her school, of course we had Chik-Fil-A, what else would I choose?

About an hour from the Burg we get a call from Erin, Chase's sister, telling us that something was wrong with the car... and this is where it all began. Dun Dun Dun. The stress Monster invaded. Something was smelly about his engine--WOAH GLEE IS COVERING "FRIDAY" I will admit I like this song a lot... Haters keep hating- and Erin was worried... well lets just make a LONG story short and skip to

THURSDAY
Chase woke up really early to get the car stuff started. We drove it over there and dropped it off.  And started packing... and napping. :) Hehe Logan and Bridgwertettee ( Brigitte apparently likes it when people spell her name creatively) got to come earlier than planned so they joined us at RIVERMONT PIZZA! Woot what a wonderful night. A wonderful group friends, amazing food, and lots of laughing. Lots and lots of Laughing. Kevin, Martha, and Josh joined the McCool gang and my heart was just bursting with happiness. There are few things I love more then having my friends together and eating good food. This night was great. Even though the car was being dumb. I could eat Rivermont Pizza's spinach dip and pizza until I explode. 

These kind of things are some of the most important things in my life- no not spinach dip and pizza but rather- being with my friends and just enjoying each other. I may have not graduated from Liberty, I might have made some dumb decisions while I was there, and I might have said some bad stuff about it at one time or another, but in the end there are some amazing people at that school people who have laughed with me, taken care of me, and love me regardless. And oh there is also ELMER TOWNS. I love that man. He signed a book for me this weekend. Woot. My parents stayed at his secretary's house and she found out about my adoration for Elmer and had him sign his new book God Laughs for me. Let's just say, at the end of the day, I am pro-Liberty, mostly. hehe.

- cue music-
FRI-DAY, FRI-DAY
 
Recipe for this particular Friday:
4562 Gallons of Stress and Car Issues
2342 Cups of Things to pack in Chase's Apartment
4 Parents arriving in town
1 Sister also arriving
5 Dinners at Osaka (plus one Drink for Kevin)
1 Baccalaureate Service (make sure its super fresh, and has an amazing speaker...)

Mix together in a day with too few hours and shake until Saturday.

SATURDAY
We decided to not go to the BIG ceremony (which would have meant waking up crazy early and fighting the undergraduate masses) and went out for breakfast as one big McCool/Zawi family. Awesome choice. The best graduation choice EVER. Lets just say Famous Anthony's has the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had in my life! (They are huge, fresh, fluffy, and warm!)  Cue the photos of the day (and yes I will be using the 1960's function on Picnik):

B and Logan with my Dad. Apparently my Dad is actually not talking to them and talking to someone else- but this photo at least shows the FA sign.

The Beautiful Amber making a kind of scary face because they have fried Bologna Omelettes - or something similar. I don't exactly remember. 
Happy Parents of the Law School Graduate- Mom and Dad McCool!

So after brunch we made our way over to the campus, found parking super fast, and had plenty of time to kill at before the ceremony -- which was in Towns-Alumni Lecture Hall. Yeah. Go Elmer.
Cue more photos: 

Us waiting until it all starts- Chase is wearing his pretty lawyer dress and Funny hat.
Dean Staver clapping for Chaser

Chase receiving his Juris Doctorate (and his snazzy hood)

My Chaser in the middle of the group photo

Chase P. McCool, J.D. 

I cried the whole time- I am so very very proud.
Silly Amber and silly Faces.
Where it all (sort of) began- who would have ever known that we would be getting married- I totally thought he hated me!

But he doesn't! :)







The Gang on the illustrious steps of DeMoss


TUESDAY
Now I am home. The drive yesterday was kinda ridiculous. Nothing exciting, I am listening to a book called The Little Book simply awesome. Time travel, love, intrigue, lots of exciting stuff.  The girls were caravan-ing with me. We struggled a little bit, drove through some ghettos and stuff like that. But we are good. We made it. And basically fell asleep immediately. We tried to watch some of The King's Speech but we didn't really make it very far.

I slept so very very well.

I went to my Period, Style, and Form class with the amazing Margaret (the professor) yesterday. Talk about a history/dramaturgy geeks dream. Really looking forward to this class. I might be the only one and that is totally okay.

The girls and I repacked the cars. Whew my OCD becomes really handy sometimes. We finished the day in BG with bread sticks from Campus Pollyeyes. And they headed to their next destination. Some errands were ran and I made my way home. Lazy evening. Early to bed. And wham. It is morning.

Massively long , cups of coffee, an episode of Community and one of Bones, and time to get ready for the day. 

I love a routine. Love love love it. Makes me and my OCDness feel great. 

Almost as great as being with my friends, my future husband, and my future brother and sisters at an awesome pizza place on a warm night.

No comments:

Post a Comment