Monday, May 9, 2011

17 Days of Summer- Days 6 through 11

Okay, I have not forgotten about you dearest blog readers. I have been living a lie the last couple of days and couldn't let my blog spoil devious plots.

Basically, I was trying to surprise my Mom for Mother's day. It was a success. Here's the back story since Wednesday!  (I've been waiting a while to post this- now we'll do to a little time traveling!)

WEDNESDAY!

Today is a day based around Call of the Canyon, which happens to be my favorite sandwich place in BG. I spent this morning finishing my paper (woke up at 6am- always work better in the Morning) and cleaning up the house/packing to leave tomorrow for Liz's. Its so nice to just work at things leisurely. I walked to school to do one last return of books, turn in my Feminist Theory Paper, and pick up something from the costume shop. The weather was nice-ish... nicer than it has been... and it felt good to get things all wrapped up and closed.

I joined my cohort for lunch/a final at CotC and they were surprised that I put coleslaw on my sandwich.  Hey- what can I say?- it tastes great. We chatted about the class, what worked, what didn't, and just general chatting. Once leaving CotC I returned home to be lazy. Nap time! Nap time! Wonderful! Then I basically got up from my nap and went back to CotC. Haha. This time I had their Key Lime Pie. Wonderful. I was having such a great time I almost missed my yoga class. They ladies that work in the costume shop have really been a huge blessing this semester. Its just nice to chat and work together and I love all of the info and skills I learned. I know I was originally not looking forward to spending time in the costume shop rather than the box office- but I am really glad that I did. It was one of my favorite parts of this semester. As I got home I realized yoga was starting in 5 minutes so I threw my clothes off, switched to work out clothes and literally ran keys in hand to yoga. No wallet, no phone, no nothing except myself and my keys. That is commitment.

Taking yoga at Radiance Studio has been the salve to my soul this last couple of weeks! It helps me to calm down and relax physically which allows me to process things better mentally. And I love that its so close to my house! I will take as much yoga as I can while I am in BG. I really hope to find a studio that I like as much in Iowa or while I'm at home in J'ville.

Tonight has ended with watching America's Next Top Model and Top Chef. I was particularly glad with who got kicked off ANTM. :) No spoilers - don't worry.  I have lots of strawberries in my fridge. Lots lots lots. We'll see if they get eaten by the time I leave.

Time to organize my costumes for class tomorrow and then relax some more. Maybe a nice long bath! Yep. Pretty sure thats the plan!


THURSDAY!!


Ahhh today is over! I am done with this second semester! It has been a busy busy day. This morning was the final exam for costume design, packing, and getting on the road to Liz's. I am having a great time here! First of all, I love her boys. They are about the greatest kids ever. The older one is a little quieter and more serious than his silly silly little brother. But they make a great pair. And it is so cool to get to see Brad and Liz. I cannnnot believe its been almost ten years since I met them! Woah. They are a great couple and I'm glad that I got to see them. We went to a great resturant for dinner.. but dessert took the prize! We went to a gourmet ice cream store called Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams.  Here are the two kinds I had...

Goat Cheese with Cognac Fig Sauce
Mackenzie Creamery, super fresh goat cheese with pockets of saucy cognac soaked figs and almonds. A lighter, more ethereal cheesecake with Courvoisier and figs.
and
Lime Cardamom Yogurt
Creamy, light, piquant, heavenly. Organic yogurt, mixed with the Indian spice cardamom, delivers a intensely cool, flavorful taste. A perfect after-dinner selection.
Wonderful!

Monday!!
So lovely bloggers! I am here again. The surprising of my mom for Mother's Day was totally awesome. She was soo happy. It was great.  So recap of the last few days.

Thursday - went to chick-fil-a for breakfast! Very Very awesome! I really love some Chicken Minis. Then the drive began... and eight hours and one car wreck deposition later I made it to Chase's. We went to Osaka for dinner. Holy Cow that place is amazing, cheap, and sooo tasty. See photo of food below.
My (already eaten shrimp and) teriyaki and rice. With lots of yum yum sauce! Woot!
Saturday morning we went to Market on Main, which was pretty good- except for the cheese grits. Not good at all. Not cheesy and not grits. But the company was great. Me and Erin and Chaser. Erin was talking about her art and graduate school- she's soo talented. She made these mugs and I just love them!

I really love these face mugs she made! Maybe she'll let me and Chaser have some!
We dropped her off with her friends and made our way home- secretly- and made it to surprise my Mom and we had a great time eating at Jeff's and going to Dairy Queen. We began to watch Black Swan but we were all too tired to make that work. So we all fell asleep about 10pm

Yesterday, Sunday was Church and Mother's day festivities. It was wonderful. My mom was sooo happy to have us home. We got to see my grandmother and sweet baby precious Zoe... oh and her parents Megan and Chris. Chase and I now (on Monday) are headed out to the beach! Woot! The water is probably too cold but it will be nice just to be there and relax and absorb the sun that doesn't seem to shine in Ohio.

So I thank you for sticking with me through all of this blogpost... and your reward is a photo of the most perfect "niece" I have!
Yeah. She's fabulous.


1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with Lauren that Zoe is fabulous!! What a beautiful, darling "lil miss". Thanks to Lauren for sharing her with all of her friends.
    By: Zoe's G-ma.

    ReplyDelete