Monday, May 2, 2011

17 Days of Summer- Day 3

I  [like the rest of America that hasn't already gone to bed] am watching the news waiting for the president to give his statement about the death of Osama Bin Laden. And I keep wondering what George W. Bush is thinking and saying right now. Obviously the war on terror isn't over and probably will never be over, but I wonder what ol' W is saying to Laura.

Of course I saw the news on Facebook first.

Of course Facebook is covered in comments about Bin Laden. Some people are being angry some people are questioning why the government released this now, some people are apathetic. It doesn't really seem real. I wonder what happens now. Will their be retaliation? Will anything change or is this just a symbolic victory? I wonder how many military spouses are wishing this was a bigger deal, that the war would now be over and done.  I called my parents and told them. They reacted the same way I did "Oh Really?" I mean what is the right answer

I had lots of silly things to blog about tonight. Like how I put in a new contact ON TOP of the old one-- meaning didn't take out the old one and didn't realize it for a few hours.  Or how annoyed I am about this car crash case thing that I'm having to deal with this week. Or how I took two naps today and watched a lot of Law and Order.

Tomorrow is finish my annotated bibliography day and work on editing my paper for Wednesday. Lots of work and no work-- all the same.

Two Minutes till the president goes on Air. Chase and I are both on our computers talking to eachother via g-chat and waiting for Obama. It for sure was Military led operation. Wonder if anyone I know was involved.

LAST AUGUST?
Wow. How does Obama actually sleep at night. I have a hard enough time with papers looming over my head.

Praise God, no Americans were Harmed.

I wonder who wrote this speech. This part about not being against Islam is a brilliant move.

I have a copy of one of those letters.

Justice has been done?

I also give thanks for those who serve our country. And those who served our country.

Determined Americans

Equality for all citizens?

Sacrifices to make the world safer

Not just wealth or power but because we are one nation under God.




Chase and I are now chatting. I said....
Chase is right. We should pray for our President more. Regardless of our personal opinions of him and his polticial actions. The Bible calls for us to pray for our leaders and it seems like we only do so when we feel like he(or someday she) following our wishes.

Woah a statement from Bush! -Listening- There it is again. That word Justice.


Justice is hard to define. Sounds so cheesy to say that. I'm just listening to all the statements from different groups. Doesn't ease the pain or bring back loved ones but it does bring comfort.

Just watching the president walk down that hallway alone. Can you imagine the weight on his shoulders. 





im really emotional
just brings up lots of old feelings
and great pride

Just thinking lots.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking lots lately, too. A lot about the notions of doing justice, loving mercy, and walking humbly, and what that means and looks like for an individual and especially a nation.

    Also, can you please send me your thesis to read. =)

    ~Hope

    ReplyDelete