Monday, July 26, 2010

A Bad Day Made Sweet








Ladies and Gentlemen I do declare I was grouchhhhhy today. 

I miss Chase really badly, am so ready to go to Ohio, and have nothing to do around the house. I spend two hours at the laundry mat washing my smelly duvets (note to myself- do not store them in garage ever again) and while I was there I -of course- watched Nip/Tuck. The show is so melodramatic. I mean Augustin Daly would have been proud of its writers. If youre not a theatre history lover Daly is the one who is (perhaps incorrectly) credited with the whole "tie a woman to the train tracks while the train is on its way" thing. My generation would have most likely seen this in cartoons? Familiar? Anyway.  

After the ever so exciting Laundry mat, I came home and to be honest the next four or five hours is a depressing blur. I was hungry and nothing sounded good to eat, I was bored but there was nothing to do, and I wanted to sleep but simply couldn't. I was all gloomy and complain-y... poor Chase had to hear all of it. Eventually, my resolve waned and I fell asleep. 

That did the trick.

I was simply in a better mood when I woke up from my nap. Not grouchy, not complaining, not even hating Jvegas all that much. And then my parents and I went to Marrakesh for dinner. It is a great new Mediterranean place. I had stuffed grape leaves and feta and falafel and just loved every minute of it. Then for dessert we had a little bit of everything all very good and TURKISH COFFEE!

Now Turkish Coffee isn't for everyone.
But,
It surely is for me.

I just really needed it.
There is a quote,"

Coffee should be as black as hell, as strong as death, and as sweet as love." 
And for me tonight. I breathed some life back into me. I don't know what my problem was. But I'll try not to let that happen again.

Now, my family is sitting in the computer room watching a movie. That is because the computer screen is significantly larger than our old dumpy TV. I am so thankful for my parents. They are really wonderful people. They go above and beyond and well I just like them a lot. They are going to be what makes me miss North Carolina when I go off to school. Oh and warm winters. Hahah


So now. I'm happy.  


See...



Happy with an Anthropologie gift wrapper on my head. Niiiiice. Talking to Chase and wearing PJ's is nice and so is being with my parents. Oh and still tasting the glorious taste of coffee. Two weeks from tomorrow I'll be moving into my new apartment. Actually starting Act II. I hope they have Turkish Coffee in BG. 

1 comment: