Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday, Tofu, Trina, and Target

Good Morning.
It's day 4 of 10 for camp. Things are going very well. The kids are all so very well behaved and knock on wood very self motivated. Which makes my job very delightful. J-K, my "assistant." is really great. She's very helpful and the kids really like her- I do too! So that is super helpful. They day goes by pretty fast. The more I teach traditional theatre classes this I realize that I love teaching, but I cannot do this everyday and feel fulfilled. Its just not motivating to me! I like seeing the kids get excited and have fun and that is very rewarding. I just absolutely love the discovery of research. I'd like to have my cake and eat it too.  And thats what I am working toward. Slowly but surely... 26 days until I head back to school.

This whole fitness thing is kicking my tush. I am trying to watch my caloric intake. And its not that bad just annoying. You don't realize how many calories are in things you think are low fat. Lets just say thank the Lord that I really love bananas and oatmeal. But I needed to get more protein into my diet. So I smothered some servings of tofu with this really yummy BBQ sauce and baked them. So easy, not bad for you, and lots of protein. They turned out absolutely beautiful if I may say so myself.

What do you think?
If you don't like tofu and you also have never tried it-- your answer doesn't count! :P
As I sit here at the breakfast bar I am enjoying the symphony of snore coming from the puppies at my feet. Trina our about 16 year old dachshund is the virtuoso. Very loud snoring. I thought we might lose her to the great dog park in the sky the other day. She was super disoriented and just acting strangely. She slept a lot [more than usual.] So to day I pay homage to my beautiful old girl Trina. She's still trucking and hopefully the blind lady will outlive us all! 



I am very happy because yesterday I found out I can return the duvet I bought from Target. It is super cute and fun but just too busy and dark. That is 60 bucks that I can spend on something else. I am super excited to get to BG and decorate. I think I am going to take a suggestion of Next Design Star and paint fake molding and fru fru stuff on my dresser drawers. If I find a photo I'll post it...

I hope I get to go to the gym tonight and spend some time on the elliptical. Switch things up a bit.

Finally, this doesn't start with a T, but I just wanted to let everyone know Emily's surgery went very well. She is still a master costumer.  And an awesome person. I mean look at her! 


No comments:

Post a Comment