Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Someone Make this For Me!

We do a number of different versions of this particular panini. I like to split one with my missus with a spinach salad as one of our favorite lunches. I've often made these when entertaining friends too. I just make several and cut them in small wedges to serve as hors d'ouevres and they are always very popular. We make lots of variations by chaging the type of berries. I've used cranberries, partridgberries, blueberries and blackberries successfully in the past. One other addition I love that creates textural interest in this panini is toasted nuts. I like hazelnuts with raspberries but I've used toasted almonds, pistachios, walnuts or cashews with different berry combinations too.

Belgian or French bread
butter
brie
raspberries
honey
toasted chopped hazelnuts (optional)

Lightly butter two pieces of bread. Flip the bread over as the buttered side will become the outside of the sandwich. Place slices of brie on one piece of bread, top with a sprinkle of raspberries (and chopped nuts if you are using them) and a drizzle of honey. Place the sandwich on a preheated panini press and cook for just a few minutes or until crispy and golden brown on the outside. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment