Monday, July 5, 2010

Good Morning from Iowa!



All is lovely here at the McCool Family home.
I am having such a fun time with everyone and I have been lazy about blogging.

 So to update.

I got to the J'ville airport bright and early like I needed to... and my flight was over an hour late.I later came to find out that the DOOR WOULDNT SHUT on the plane. So I was okay with a delay so they could fix it.  But anyway I got to sit and chat with some family friends, and it made the time go by so much faster. They were really lovely. Because of the delay at OAJ I totally missed my flight to Kansas City. [Practically everyone on the plane missed their connections] I tried to get a flight anywhere closer to Des Moines, but US Air doesn't fly anywhere closer. Lame. So I sat in the airport until 4:30. Three hours wasn't tooooo bad. I ate Dove chocolate and read my [really good] book Gatsby Girl. It tells the story of Fitzgerald's muse and their relationship- fictional but based pretty closely on true events. So here is what I looked at for that entire time...


My Legs/Book

and the terminal itself!

After the ride to Kansas City, on which I got the biggest crick in my neck from trying to sleep, I was looking for Chase's dad. I've never actually met either of his parents before, but I have chatted with them and stuff. So I was looking for his Dad, and found this along the way....


A TORNADO SHELTER!
We don't have those in North Carolina. I giggled and while I was giggling I ran into Mr. McCool and he was wearing a bowtie! Awesomely Awesome! We drove the three hours back to DM and it actually surprisingly looked at lot like North Carolina. Farm land and all that. 


When we finally got to Chase's house I met a ton of his cousins and his mom's parents. Very silly and fun. THEN CHASER CAME HOME! Yay! We were both pretty exhausted and went to bed about 1030! I am sleeping on a cloud. Literally. The bed is sooo big and fluffy!



Friday Chase worked in the morning and then got off at three. I just laid around and chatted with his mom. When Chase- who is a little sickly- got home we went to this awesome Tapas place called Trostel's Dish. Yes, I wore my new dress, and yes Chase liked it very much. We had cheese, and risotto dumpling things, lettuce wraps, and havarti shrimp. All of it was very good. I had read all of the books I brought with me so we went by Barnes and Nobles and then DQ for dessert. [The desserts at the restaurant were $7 for one... and Chase and I have such different tastes when it comes to dessert so we decided we could both get what we wanted at DQ for the same price!] 


Once we got home we pretty much crashed again. Lazy kids.



Saturday Chaser took me to that awesome store Smash/Raygun. I got two shirts. See below.... (except my DM one is Kelly Green)



Saturday was also the day Chase's brother arrived so once he was home we went to a fun pizza place and then walked around downtown DM and saw the state capital.  It was a nice and lazy night afterward.



Sunday, which was 4th of July, we went to church with Chase's parents and siblings. Many people were very nice and welcoming! After church we went to Panera! Woot! Apparently that is the McCool family thing to do. I divulged my OBSESSION with Adventures in Odyssey-- and if I may say so myself, I think that they were quite impressed with my sheer abundance of knowledge. Haha.


He is simply the handsomest.
Today, Monday, Chase has the day off so we had blueberry pancakes for breakfast and are going to just hang out until his dad's parents arrive around lunch time. I love vacations where I can be lazy. If Chaser didn't have to work I would possibly stay longer. I am having a great time.  I'll update more probably once I get home.
I am a happy and blessed girl.
Oh and I miss my mommy and daddy.


Currently pretending to be a McCool

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweet entry. You make me miss my boyfriend! Thank God he's here on Friday :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol have fun in Iowa! Glad you didn't need to use the tornado shelter... yet :-P

    ReplyDelete