Sunday, July 11, 2010

29 Days... and counting

Can we just say I am so stinking ready to move to Ohio?


Don't get me wrong. I am having a good time being with my parents and family friends. I am just so excited to have more space and my own schedule and my own whatever else.  Plus I miss Chaser like crazy and once I am in Ohio he's only two weeks from visiting. Yikers. That seems longer now that I actually type it. Blah.

This week starts camp, which I am using as a means to buy my a couch. Yes. Back to the couch. Still wanting a red one and still wanting it yesterday. I just want to have a house that I am excited to come home to. Something really important to me is to have a home that is very welcoming and that people want to come over because they feel comfortable.


A home full of good coffee, music, smells, and people.  A couple years ago I wrote a blog entry,


" want the life of the person who buys Milano cookies on days other than special occasions. That same kid who wanted that volvo couldn't understand why her mom would not buy the $3.76 a bag cookies every time we went to the grocery store. Its just 3.76! - I used to say.   It was the prestige of the Pepperidge Farm cookies. In their double foiled bag and their muffin cups inside. The people I wanted to be ate these cookies. But who were these people? I don't know. My wealthy friends parents? Someone I saw on television? The people I imagined inside the radio speaking to me on NPR? I genuinely don't know where this idea came from?



I realize now it was many reasons that kept us from buying cookies like that every time. But as I face life (freak out here) I am considering what else I am. In the movie Juno, she says "I don't really know what kind of girl I am."  Isn't this supposed to be the time of our lives where we figure ourselves out? Thats what NPR says. Well perhaps NPR is letting me down this time. I don't have it figured it out. But I do know

I want the perfect
JCrew-ed attired family
The cottage style house
The Teva sandaled vacations in the Outer Banks
Alumni Association Dinners
Political Party Fundraisers
A Boat for Sunday afternoons
Tickets to a season of Jazz Music
every book I feel like buying
oh...
and
Milano cookies

(PS: A happy, loving, God centered family are really important too... But thats a given...) "


It is so wild to look back and read a blog from May 18, 2008. I have changed in small ways. Not as big a fan of JCrew (why was that so important?) or the Outer Banks. I'm more into vintage and the mountains.   Having a boat isn't that important to me any more, but I surely love jazz music, books, and cookies. As Chase and I get closer and closer to wedding bells, I just look back and see how much my life has changed since I began college five years ago. I wonder how much I will change over the next couple of years. I am excited that Chaser is going to be on that adventure with me. Surely I didn't know that I would be here five years ago. I mean look at me this is my very first facebook photo. Very first.

I'm a little rounder, older, and hopefully wiser. I don't wear Sperry's anymore, and that purse got sent to Goodwill a long time ago. So here's to the new house, the new school, and new purses. The next five years!

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully your next five years is nothing like "The next five years"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this brings a smile to my face :) I'm proud of the person you've become, and glad to say you're still my friend. And I am proud to say I took that very first facebook photo. On our very first college snowday.

    ReplyDelete