Saturday, July 31, 2010

New Friends and New Recipes

Good Evening Friends. 

I am having a great day today. Praise the Lord. I love how God sometimes gives me a happy day after I put myself through an icky one- I kind of feel like he's saying "see it ain't so bad." Apparently in my cosmology God speaks in colloquialisms.

The evening was really pleasant last night. I talked to a fellow BGSU Grad Assist. and really think she's fabulous! I had tons of fun talking to her and chatting about life and school and of course-- weddings! Hahah. I am really glad that we've talked, it will be really nice to know someone during orientation. Familiar faces are always great.

Then, you know how I was craving chocolate and peanut butter? I made up a mini dessert that was awesome. I took 40 calories worth of chocolate mini rice cakes, 50 calories worth of marshmallows, and a 100 calorie table spoon of peanut butter. Nuked it all in the microwave and was totally satisfied. Not bad for under 200 calories. Lot less than eating a stinking DQ Blizzard. :) Around 300 less calories Thankyouverymuch.

Today was so relaxed and nice. I slept in, watched some Nip/Tuck [ thank the Lord I am almost done!] and sat in my PJ's eating yummy oatmeal until around 10. I ran to go buy some stuff at ULTA and spent entirely too long wandering around the store.  I came home to hang out with my Dad. We were watching       Real Housewives of New Jersey and both of us fell asleep. Hahha. Mom made some amazing stuff for dinner. It had all of these veggies and toasted cubed bread and a red wine vinegar/olive oil sauce. AND we had sweet potatoes. Love love love love.

Now we are going to watch Shutter Island. I hope my parents like it. Chase and I did. Ahhh Chase. Miss him tons. Less than three weeks. Happy girl! I cannot wait to see him again. It feels like it has been soooooo long.

He is my Knight (at the Museum next to the Guy) In Shining Armor.

No comments:

Post a Comment