Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer Food is the Best!

So summer is the best time for yummy food [fall comes in a close second.] Fresh homegrown tomatoes and fresh basil straight from the backyard are superior to all others. My mom makes so much good food during the summer- not that her food is good the rest of the year- because she has so much more time to try new things in the summer.

Last night we had Grandma over for dinner

and Mom made this really awesome Shrimp, Feta, Tomato, and Cous Cous salad thing.
(before)

 Whew I could have eaten the whole stinking bowl! I had just got back from the gym where I had done the elliptical for 45 minutes/3.5 miles/460 calories. It was so good. Then we had pudding with chocolate whipped cream. It was a really great dinner. Simple and cool and summery. Perfect.
(two servings later)
Tonight I am headed to dinner with one of my bestest friends from high school, Amber. It has been way too long since we got together just to hang out and do nothing. She's beautiful not only on the outside but on the inside and I am excited to hear about what she's been up to all this time! Lets just pray for nice weather so we can sit outside and eat and be cute. Hahah.

Three more days of camp. The kids are super great. Its really a great job. If possible I'll teach it again next year! I am super thankful for my assistant J-K. She's really a lifesaver.

And then we'll get paid- which means....... COUCH BUYING. I was looking at the dimensions for my apartment online and I am really going to ahve to wait until I get to Ohio and see how much space I ACTUALLY have before getting my heart set on one... I am thinking that because the space is small I might go with a love seat rather than a full couch. Plus its a little cheaper. We'll see.

Well the coffee is finished and the dog is snoring and I must be off to camp. Blesssssings on all of you!
After a really awesome sermon on Sunday my prayer for you and for myself is that you grow to know the Lord more intimately. For a listen to Jason's great teachings go here and then click on JAXCAST in the top right hand corner. It might not have loaded this weeks sermon yet- but go ahead and listen to last week's, it makes this week's even better!




1 comment: