Friday, July 9, 2010

Real Iowa Update

So I went back on my word and didn't blog a whole lot while I was in Iowa.
I resume now!


Pretend it is July 4th!
Chase's grandparent's came to visit! It was really rainy and gross and nasty. The house has geothermal heating and cooling- so the house was super cool. Which of course was super nice- I'd always rather be cold than hot. What is funny though is... it was so cool and there was a down draft ... that Mr. McCool started a fire!!! We had a nice little crackling fire on the 4th of the July! I'd like to think it made up for the rain-canceled fireworks. 

Chase's siblings broke out the old Sega Genesis.  To be able to play it one had to rig it! And so they ended up using a Bible, a couple of novels, and of course a book by our beloved Jerry. It was pretty funny. I read a book while Chase -- of course-- was conquering the world via digg. I was so snuggly and happy that I fell asleep- surprise surprise! All was well in the world until Erin creamed Logan in some basketball game and he yelled out "Nooooo!" I woke up screaming I was afraid Chase was hurt or something... but no it was just me being a spaz.  After I calmed down everything went back to normal and the rest of the day was full of yummy grilled food and family time!

On to Monday--
Um I dont exactly remember what all we did. Ha. But it was a lazy day!

Tuesday--
Chase's cousins came over and we just had a nice day of sitting around, chatting, laughing and of course EATING! Simple day. And gloriously awesome. It is really lovely how much Chase's family is like my family. Our parents are very similar in their beliefs and types of parenting, our grandparents are going to be best friends someday, and I appreciate his relationship with his extended family because its much like the way my family operates.  We had a lovely little mini date for coffee and just talked and watched the sunset through the Starbucks windows. So mushy mushy romantic!

Wednesday-
Travel day. After saying goodbye to Chase and his sisters and dad,  his mom and I had the house to ourselves! She did some chores and things and I (very sadly) got packed to leave. We talked about teaching and family and everything and then drove (alllll the way) to Kansas City. But the drive was actually really fun. Lots of girl talk and story telling. The flying process went off without a hitch, and I eventually got home around 11:45p. Late night.

Thursday-
Slept in - whew I was so tired! We had lunch with my grandma and then I ran errands. Got some new work out clothes and its funny how new clothes to wear motivates me to actually kind of want to maybe workout.  Dentist and blah blah blah nothing else interesting. My parents and some family friends went to the new Duck's Restaurant in Swansboro. Amazingly good. It was almost like the Gourmet Cafe that used to be there- and that I loved so much! Went to bed super early. Getting back on schedule for camp next week.

I am just tired from waking up at 6:30a and I want to take a nap... Today doesn't really have any plans, but I'd like to go to the gym and maybe try a spinning class. I've heard its actually pretty fun and good for ya. Couldn't hurt to try right?

Okay. Enough listing what has happened to me in the last couple of days. I'll be better about actually blogging things other than lists -- promise!


Update- went biking while mom walked and then redid the route... kicked my butt-- but I finished... which feels really good!




No comments:

Post a Comment