Sunday, July 25, 2010

Birthdays and Ohio Planning


I know I know I know. It has been a long time since I posted. I have just been busy and uninspired. My birthday was great, had good food and got some money which is always nice. Instead of a cake Mom made a reallllly beautiful banana pudding. I know you're asking- how can a banana pudding be beautiful? Well take a look for yourself.


Yeah, sure you can have some!

It was beyond good and we got to share it with Grandma Ski, Aunt Jan and Tina and Charlie. I was also spoiled at camp when the kids sang to me and gave me a chocolate chocolate donut. JK gave me a beautiful yellow scarf and a fun ring. She was really a blessing the last two weeks.  Chaser got me a great necklace from Etsy and my parents will get me frames for my posters once I get to Ohio.

Ahhh Ohio. Its getting closer every day. I ordered a ton of stuff for my apartment, it should arrive in Ohio right before my family and I do. We'll get a U-Haul, go to pick it up, buy my mattress and drive to BG. I found a new couch online that I am going to order... get ready for this... it is not red. Shocking I know.  You can go here and look at it online. It is Tan. More universally decoratable/matchable.

I simply am so excited to decorate. I am having a hard time getting excited for school because I don't know what is ahead of me. I don't know my schedule or assistantship. Just excited to get there and find all of the details out little bit by little bit. I also hope to find a really good church. I've been looking online but that never really tells you anything. So big prayer request that the process goes quickly.  Anyone have any tips? Know anyone in BG?

This week is full of a lot of preparations. I need to wash my bedding - its been sitting in the garage- eww. I have to take some on-line training modules "Prevention of Sexual Harassment and Preventing Employment Discrimination." Yeah. The really exciting life of a graduate student. I will start gradually going back through everything and repacking. Organizing is my favorite thing ever. Hah. Dork.

It has officially been what - 18 days  since I saw Chaser. Seems totally way longer. I have just under a month left until he'll visit with Erin in BG. I really respect Military Wives. I couldn't go months and years with out him. And we're not even married- much less have KIDS!  It is so wild that so many of the women I went to high school with are Moms. Blessings on them- whew I couldn't do that yet!

I hope to go see Megan on Wednesday night. Go to the awesome Flaming Amy's Burrito Barn. Starting to do all of the "things before I go" stuff. Wow kinda sounds like I'm dying. Not good. Anyway. Bought two more yellow mugs today. 4 down- 4 to go. Two more sets. Would like some really fru fru china delicate ones. Keep an eye out for me okay? Thanks.
Birthday Pineapple. Raygun Shirt.




No comments:

Post a Comment