Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Last time I posted I was still in Milwaukee with my Emily. We had such a great time. Sunday we shopped some, watched reality tv, napped, and went to The Rep's production of The Bombb-itty of Errors. Oh my goodness it was brilliant and so much fun. Its an "Urban" (haha- yes those are scare quotes) re-telling of Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors. Here is a clip...



I really loved the show and it was a great ending to a great day! Coming home we watched more weird reality tv and drank tea and just enjoyed being together.  We also bought this awesome bread at Whole Foods. Walnut Cranberry - whew we ate it like little bread piggies.  It is just nice to be with someone who wants you to be yourself.

Monday I woke up early to finish some homework I had to mail to a professor. Eventually Emily woke up (after all it was her day off) and we made our way out to the Comet Cafe. Ohhh mmmmyyy. So great. See... here is me with my food!

From the menu this is what I had: Artichoke Heart, red onion, mayo, and herbs in an Italian rool broiled with provolone cheese top. The fries were super duper crunchy and great.
And some awesome ginger and carrot soup.
Whew. Awesome.

Milwaukee has this great local coffee chain called Alterra. They are all over the city but my favorite one is Alterra by the Lake. See this photo? 
Isn't it a great building? I love love love it.
They have great baked goods and they have a honey latte that rocks my world. It was just fun to sit around, plan costumes for my costume design class, and talk about weddings.

Here I am with one of Alterra's cool cups. 

So around 2:00 (MKE time) I hugged Emily goodbye and eventually made my way out the city. Yes, I did stop at the outlet malls right outside of MKE, but once I got back on the road I was set. Here was my planned route:


BUT
somehow my GPS decided to secretly take me along this route:

Umm it took a little longer to say the least. With the time change and stopping I didn't get home until 11:00pm. It was a long day full of singing show tunes, listening to NPR, and talking to people on the phone. I survived. It could have been a lot worse... I could have just been lost period.

Now I'm home. I went to class and work at school. Came home napped (for too long) and have been working on my paper for this weekend's conference. I'm mostly editing and making the paper appropriate for this particular conference topic. I am so excited to be back in GSO and surrounded by so many brilliant and wonderful people.  And to wear my new outfit! ;)

I am going to clean up my house - holy cow it looks like a tornado blew threw. That is what happens when I just bring everything inside and don't put anything away. Plus I am going to have to pack everything up again to go out on the road again. Hopefully I don't go the long way... again.  Luckily I have a friend going with me.

Thats all for tonight. Time to clean.

1 comment: