Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I am beginning to see the light!

I am sitting at my dining room table, watching a re-run of SVU (that I've seen countless times- the one with the shoe fetish son of a baker... um...anyway) and eating dinner.

Lately I have been trying to clean out the freezer/fridge. I have lots of ingredients that are just sitting around. Tonight for dinner I steamed/sauteed some mushrooms, olives, artichoke hearts, spinich, and fresh basil and put it over noodles. Funny thing is that when I first cooked the noodles I was draining the water out of them- you know using the lid as a strainer- and don't cha know it- the noodles slipped out and right down the disposal. Yep. Had to start over. But it was worth it. Really worth it. Really good.

The semester is so close to being over. So very very very close. I have a presentation due tomorrow on Nomadic Ethics. As part of this presentation I am introducing my class to the new form of yoga I have began practicing. It is called Kundalini Yoga. Its really fun and really helps me focus, relax, and feel energized.

Then next week I have a paper due and an annotated bibliography. So not stressed at all. Then I get to go home. To my parents. With my Chaser. Whew looking forward to warm weather. I have all of these great dresses I'm just dying to wear!

And then.... Chaser will graduate from law school. I'm so proud of him. He's worked so hard, put up with some crappy people, and is just so very very smart. He's also so fabulously handsome. :)

I also am in the process of buying a sewing machine. I think I found one on Craig's List. Not sure yet, but we'll see. Its only 30 bucks and is pretty new and barely used. We'll see. I have really enjoyed working in the costume shop this semester. The staff is a lot of fun and I have learned a lot of just practical skills. I'll never have to pay to get pants hemmed again! Woot!

We have more pizza places in BG than any other restaurant. On Friday of last week the shop manager treated us to pizza for lunch. It sounded so weird but it was soo good. It was from the (in)famous Myles pizza (they are the same family that does the HUGE Blizzards). It had a garlic ranch sauce, crispy bacon, red peppers, and artichoke hearts. Oh my goodness. Amazing. I have had cravings for it ever sense! Whew!

I am so looking forward to reading books again. Books that I don't have to annotate and critically analyze. Just stay up late and read read read. I love that idea. But, now, I have to unload the dishwasher.
Life creeps in during all of the glamorous moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment