Friday, August 12, 2011

K- Cups Needed something F-I-E-R-C-E!

I am exhausted from driving (okay I'll admit... riding) all the way back from Des Moines. I then unpacked and organized all of my worldly possessions (the ones of which don't dwell in our storage unit in Iowa) in my room and have really enjoyed being with my parents.  But I will give you this little teaser-- I am working on two restaurant reviews one in St. Louis and one in Asheville. Both were pretty good! ( I for sure liked the Saint Louis place better of the two... ) Just wait and see!

One interesting tidbit of my life right now is that I am writing at the desk I did all of my homework at during middle and high school. Talk about come full circle.  My first real homework and perhaps my last real homework (until PhD work? humm?) I am one week away from needing to send my advisor the first full draft. I am excited about the research and the work, but more excited for it to be done. There are fun books to read and naps to take... The last couple of summers I have devoured entire television series. I think this summer I will return to "United States of Tara" unless someone has a suggestion. I'll warn you you really gotta stretch to find a series that live streams on Netflix that I have not actually watched. I think Upstairs/Downstairs is another one I might enjoy. Especially the new version. Usually BBC Miniseries and Dramas are a little tough for me sometimes cause you have to pay attention. Haha. Its hard to be crafty or clean or other things when you actually have to pay attention to what people are saying for hours on end. Lord knows the BBC doesn't do anything truncated. Suggestions Welcomed. Especially ones that live stream...

I want a mocha. Really badly. In a ceramic mug, on a porch in the mountains, with a cool breeze, sweatpants, and a Penny Vincenzi novel (she's my new author crush). Instead I will go fix some instant coffee (decaf too- its all Mom has!) and get to work. I had an amazing interview with a scholar named Megan Sanborn Jones. It was so wonderful to get to talk to her. I really respect her work and after talking to her on the phone yesterday I also think she's an awesome person that I would love to have over for dinner parties! :) Nerdy Lauren.

Oh we're at like 71 days till the wedding. Yep yep yep. Things are really falling into place. I am still hunting for a way to do the photobooth, the guestbook, and the wedding programs. We're also considering how to do the send off... sparklers? Too dangerous? Suggestions?

Okay gotta get to work analyzing season 1's episode seven of Big Love (that is how I start Chapter one of my thesis).  And to drinking decaf - someone bring me some Keurig K-Cups that have caffeine.


Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment