Friday, September 23, 2011

1 Month Till McCool-dom

I am sitting in the guest room in Chase's parents' house and just relaxing. I've watched lots of TV. Taken a lot of naps, and gone shopping. Wonderful! Since I turned in my second draft of my thesis to my advisor and he gets two weeks to read and get revisions back to me. Hopefully after this next set of revisions I am going to be on my way to defending my thesis!

But during this two weeks I have a jam packed schedule. I have been nannying/babysitting/kid watching like crazy and I plan to keep that going. It has been a blessing for me because it has let me "have a job" with out "having a job."  That makes sense right?

Emily, one of my bestest friends/female soul mate, will arrive on October 8 and I am soooo thankful. I have so much wedding stuff to do. So much wedding stuff. Most of it is the "details," the little bits and pieces that go into making the wedding a masterpiece. Lots of paper to be folded, welcome booklets to be created, photographs to be framed, and wedding party gifts to be put together. But I'm very excited. It will be great to have Emily to talk to and be with while making this magic happen.

One other thing I really would like to make are pillows influenced by this Etsy seller: lovecalifornia
I am planning to put my own spin on them but I really love their quarkiness and how happy they are. Hopefully with the help of sewing extraordinaire Emily I can make ones for NC, VA, OH, IA that will fit onto standard size decorative pillows that you can get a craft supply stores. You know the boring white kind that fit inside of a much cooler pillow case. Anyway.

Speaking of Craftiness my Dad, who blogs here, started a new Kickstarter project today. It is centered around this awesome dogs he makes out of metal. If you've ever been to our house you've seen the prototypes for many years just chilling on our front porch. Well now you can have Rusty and the Crew come hang with you and your family. Trust me, he's easy to get along with and hangs out with the coolest people. You want to be a part of his gang. Check out Rusty's blog (everyone has blogs these days) and consider sponsoring his trip to stardom on Kickstarter.

Today, Chase was sworn in as a Lawyer in the State of Iowa. I'm so blessed by him as a friend and as a partner in this crazy time in our lives. He is working on finding his perfect niche here in Iowa. I really believe in him and his talents. We are looking for clubs to join and groups to get involved with here in DSM. Got any suggestions? I don't want to say too much, but I am hopefully going to start blogging for a DSM entertainment website doing theatre and culture reviews. Wonderfullllly excited. I hope that even my non Des Moines readers on this blogs will also take the time to click on over to that weekly blog too.

Life here over the next month is going to radically change. And I cannot wait to chronicle it here on this blog. One month from now I'll be based in the midwest and Lordy, yall are going to have to support me through that one. They don't have Bojangles here. They have weird named grocery stores (Hy-vee? Wha?) and the city doesn't shut down when it snows. It will take some getting used to.

Are ya ready? This next month is going to be a whirlwind. I hope to blog a lot more than I usually do... keep reading and keep checking in daily. And Comments are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment