Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Details and Dogs


I haven't blogged in such a long time. I haven't really had anything interesting to share with the world. Friday afternoon I received the first set of edits from my thesis advisor but since I was at my uncle's wedding in Myrtle Beach I just decided to wait until Sunday night to start revising my chapters.  Here's a couple of great photos from the wedding. Good lookin' family if I may say so myself.

Aunt Michelle and Me
I have a lot to do. I expected it. But I have a lot to do. I had to reorder some books I -stupidly- returned to the library before leaving BG. But for the price it would cost me to have someone check them out and send them to me I bought used ones off of Amazon.  As a result I am pretty much broke!  Well not really. I have been babysitting like a pro but I come home from each job and immediately put that money in to our Mattress/Couch/other Furniture fund. This week I am dog sitting and babysitting all day on Thursday and once on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. 


Leo being Super Cute

But its not like I actually have the chance to go out on a spending spree anyway. Not much to do here in J'vegas. I mean I could go to Marshall's every day or two but I just don't really need any clothes. I also keep finding great stuff for the house but not buying it.  I am trying to have as little as possible stuff to cart back to Des Moines. 

Mom was the Matron of Honor


Wedding plans are the other time-taker in my daily routine. The big plans have all been made but there are so man details left to be seen to. Wedding cake toppers, decorations, jewelry, hair styles... on and on and on... Details.  Yesterday I paid the deposit to the guitarist, made hair appointments, mailed some invites (I have bad luck with putting the wrong addresses on things!), and organized the RSVP's. Let me just say three things.
  1. You don't just RSVP if you are attending you also RSVP if you are not attending. RSVPs are really important to those planning. We have to give numbers and we have to pay per person. This also goes for you if you are a relative or member of the wedding party. RSVPs are just polite and wonderful and welcomed. Please. Please. Please. Oh and RSVP early. Before the requested day .  /end rant/
  2. I am really stinking excited. Crazy Crazy Crazy excited. Every time I receive one of the aforementioned RSVPs I get so excited. 
  3. There are so many people that I wish could make the list of "invited." Chase and I have big families so that took a good 2/3 chunk of our available slots. Then the rest were those "close family friends" -- you know the friends of your parents that know all of your business.  Thus the limits of space. It would have been different if we could have gotten married at First Baptist. But No Saturday night weddings at the Church. So no wedding for Lauren at the church.
On the domestic front we are still trying to find the perfect place to live. We've looked at a couple little houses that are up for rent and don't have any concrete answers from the homeowners yet. We have a good apartment complex in our back pocket but we are just keeping our eyes open. One of the houses is adorable and YELLOW! Lord knows I love some yellow... so we'll see. I kind of have the feeling that we will end up at the apartment at first.
Grandma and the Granddaughters!
So um I have a feeling this is a boring blog post. I am just crazy excited to get married and move to Des Moines. Not excited about being so far away from my parents. We'll see.

Silly Parts of the Blog:
I am addicted to NCIS. Cannnnot stop watching.
I want about every single solitary item in the new Boden Catalog.  Gift Cards Welcomed.
I drink a lot of coffee. A lot. Yet could nap at any point. Don't understand.
I would really like to have a cat.
I am crazy excited to decorate our new living situation - love this inspiration.
I would like to finally get my car cleaned - its got to stop raining!
I haven't gotten to read as many books as I would have liked.
I have a recipe for chocolate cobbler that I am dying to make.
I also have a recipe for caramel apple cheese cake that needs to be made. 
I really love that all of these frozen yogurt places are popping up everywhere. Low(er) Cal Blizzard!
I am really excited to have Stephanie and Emily finally meet!
I am - for one of the first times ever - excited to buy makeup (for the wedding).
I am crazy excited for Chase's wedding band to arrive.
I have the darn best looking wedding party. Everyone is so darn good looking!

Um thats all of the randomness for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment