Monday, September 26, 2011

26 days...

We made our way to Omaha yesterday around noon central time. We were both really tired and honestly I was a little silly because I was pretty sad to leave and didn't know how to react otherwise. The Omaha airport is actually pretty little. But its not bad or anything. I thought I was going to get bumped and a voucher for 200 bucks. Not so lucky. But I did get an exit row seat and was seated next to a gentleman who's wife and daughter live in Yemen. He was kind and not annoying. That is a nice thing. Once I arrived in Houston I walked to my next gate and it was already boarding. Another nice thing. The woman at the desk was very funny and make the whole process kind of fun- believe it or not. She wished everyone safe flights in the language of their last name's origin. She didn't assume anything- she would ask if she didn't know. But anyway it was just yet another nice thing.

Then-- I actually boarded the plane.

It was a six-seats-across-er. And I was in the VERY last row, in front of the bathroom, in the very middle of two people. But I was excited because there were on-board TV's and there was an NCIS marathon on USA! Very pleased. So pleased that I even texted my parents, emily, and Chase. But then right as we were taking off a message popped up saying it would cost me to continue watching. Nothankyou. I returned to my book. The Diary of Dora Damage -- it wasn't that bad. A bit racy at times, but over all its pretty good. I mean I did read almost 200 pages :)

So after a kind of miserable - hot sweaty and cramped - two and a half hours I made it to RDU and started working my way back to the park and ride. With out much difficulty I actually found Sadie rather quickly, and was prepared to drive back to Jvegas. But mom and dad asked me to not drive and to instead stay with my aunt. So I did. Michelle is very gracious. I walked into her house and saw a wall decal that I really wanted.  This is a copy of it:
I don't think we'll be able to get the actual decal but I am trying to think of something so we can have a portable version. Maybe I'll get a little one and place it on a canvas or something.

Early this morning I drove back to babysit and was welcomed by an explosive diaper. Thats all I am going to say about that. I really hate it when Mommy bloggers give too many details. If you are a mommy blogger and this offends you-- I'm sorry, I'm sure you're a great person and I like knowing things about your kids, just not all things :)

After babysitting I did some errands, visited Michelle M., and came home and started working on resume's and looking for jobs in DSM. Anyone have any leads? Something theatre-y? Something artsy? Something a girl with a master's in theatre might be good at? I have some good leads already but I am always welcome to more!

Mom and I sat down to do the wedding to-craft list.
It
is
quite
long.
Yikes.

But tonight I'm going to watch NCIS and be lazy. Tomorrow I'll babysit then head to Micheal's. Lots of crafting ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment