Sunday, August 8, 2010

From one New River to the Other

Well we're half way to Bowling Green. Which means we are in RandomTownville, West Virginia. The drive was pretty painless.

After getting packed - which it felt like it took forever- we finally left Jacksonville. As silly as it sounds as I just about lost it as I checked my hair in the mirror before leaving. Its not like I don't get to come back... but for some reason it was just strange. I am really going to miss my parents. Simple as that.

We drove to Raleigh and my Daddy especially stopped so that I could use my gift card from my aunt and uncle for Borders books. I got lots of really great bargain books. Cookbooks, poetry books, journals- normal Lauren things. We then drove to GSO and ate at Panera Bread.

Then the hellish drive began. Of course as it got dark we entered the mountain-y part of NC/VA/WV. Holy cannoli. I about gnawed my teeth flat. I was so nervous- it was dark, curvy, and scary. Two hours of INTENSE driving.

Now I watch Mad Men and try to relax and talk to Chaser. Two weeks and I'll get to see him. I don't know how Military wives do it- I've gone a little over a month and am ready to walk to Iowa if I have to. I really respect military families. Whew. Okay. So yeah. Chaser and Erin and probably Logan will be at my house in TWO WEEKS-- my new house in BG!

Tomorrow we'll go the rest of the way. And we'll be driving through the mountains IN THE DAYLIGHT. Very important. I might get to shop some tomorrow night- depending on how early we get there.

Okay I am stopping blogging. I'm tired. Can't say I didn't try.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, my dad is from WVA, and when I was little, there were NO hwys in the mtns! Just little, and very wind-y two lane roads. It used to scare me silly! Hope the remainder of your trip goes smoothly. Love ya!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I drive through there ALL the time. Those mountains are nothing compared to going up the middle of PA on all those backroads! Just never, ever, ever take a backroad in WVA!! That's hell.

    ReplyDelete