Monday, August 30, 2010

Week Two

So today I start week two of Graduate School. I am feeling more confident. Knock on Wood.  I hope I don't regret typing that. I have a better idea of what is coming at me and what is expected. I have more grounded expectations.  I think that its going to make the biggest difference- knowing what to expect. That is the part that scared me the most last week.

Now.  It is Monday.

I made a new schedule thing-y. It really helps me organize past my just my average agenda. It helps me figure out when I will actually do things... not just the day they are due. Seems so stinking simple. But I really love it. I love organization. To avoid homework I clean. Yes, Mom. I clean.


I will spend this morning getting some last minute homework done and then head to school around 2:00p. I will be at school until 9pm. Just a little easy paper to write 1-2 pages. The reading was a lot more intense. A whole book and four articles. [side note- this coffee I just made for myself is amazing] Ashley really helped me this week trudge my way though  Ancient Greek Plays. I have a joke that I have cultivated since coming to BGSU- If it didn't happen in America I don't care. I mean its not entirely true- it just means my basis of knowledge is American Theatre. Oh and thanks to Theatre History III- the Ism's of the 20th century. Theatre Nerd.

This week I am planning to start researching to write a proposal for a paper for MATC- the Mid American Theatre Conference. I have next Monday off- so it is going to be entirely devoted to MATC. It was such a wonderful experience this year. I won't get a lot of CV opportunities, but I really would like to at least try.


Yesterday in church the [amazing] pastor suggested that so often we keep asking and keep asking... and think God isn't answering. And yet, our faith can be demonstrated by praising him for what is yet to come. So. Thats really me, thats really where I am right now, that will be my attitude for this week. Thankful for what is to come because I really feel that God has placed me here in BG.



I'll keep reminding myself that God has it figured out- even if I am totally clueless. Hopefully I won't have the same breakdown as I did last week.  My poor parents and Chaser- a crying girl on video chat. I'm not homesick- I am MomDadChasesick. Just wish I had my awesome support system around. Like to give me hugs or sit next to me on the couch or at a coffee shop.  So if you're the praying type- say some prayers that I will keep a positive attitude this week- and if you aren't the praying type... well.... pray anyway. :-)

Chase comes to visit [for his BIRTHDAY] in 16 days! Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment